A Letter to our Customers
To Our Customers,
With the growing spread of the new coronavirus (COVID-19), we know this is a difficult time for many, and we're committed to doing what's right for you. We're making some changes to support you during this time, and we're working behind the scenes to find more ways we can make sure you have access to the products you need to help you stay healthy and have some peace of mind.
The situation we’re facing as a rent-to-own company and as individuals is unprecedented and changing at a pace all of us are working to keep up with. We are making the best decisions we can with two goals in mind: protecting our employees, customers and their respective families, while trying our best to serve the rent-to-own customers who have immediate needs for consumer household goods and who rely on us for increasingly vital technology that keeps them connected to their school and work, and for the appliances necessary to help them store and prepare food. Demand is high for these necessities, including for the millions of children who will now rely on technology to continue their education online.
Even as we meet this demand, we’ve adjusted how we operate in many ways to improve safety. We believe it makes sense to keep our stores open in those places where it is allowed and advisable. We are, however, making a series of changes:
- Store Hours: We will revisit on an ongoing basis the decision to remain open with shorter hours. Our current hours of operation are 9:00 am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday closed Saturday and Sunday this will start March 23rd
- Store Access: We will serve our customers through limited access to our stores and curbside pickup. This will be done with the intent of substantially reducing the number of people in stores (only 10-15 customers at a time). There will only be a few employees in the store, and customers will be able to:
- Take advantage of limited services within the store, including finding a specific product. Customers will be escorted by an employee, maintaining the recommended social distancing separation of 6 feet and following the official guidance to not allow clusters of 10 or more people
- If you don’t feel well, or choose not to visit one of our stores, of course we are ready to serve you at Nationaltvrental.com or you can call the store anytime Click here to find the store near you and their phone number and we will be ready to assist you.
- Store Safety: We are closely following the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus. We have shared specific instructions with our employees on the importance of washing their hands and staying home if they feel sick or are returning from an area of the world identified as posing a coronavirus-related risk. We have ramped up cleaning services at our stores and are adding hand sanitizer at the front entrances and at all cash registers. Sanitizing wipes are near workstations and counters so that employees can keep them continuously cleaned. Per CDC recommendations, we will ask employees who have traveled to such locations or have been exposed to others who have traveled to such locations to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Making Payments: We offer the ability for you to make your payment online free of convenience fees at Nationaltvrental.com. If you have lost your job, please contact us directly Click here to find the store near you and their phone number to make arrangements for a payment schedule so that they can keep the products on rent without disruption.
- Deliveries/Pick-ups: We will take steps to ensure your safety and the safety of our employees during delivery or pick-up. We will be wiping down door knobs and wearing gloves. If you have any concerns, we will be happy to partner with you to arrange curbside drop-off or pick-up at no additional cost. Simply call Click here to find the store near you and their phone number and we will take care of it.
We are in a difficult time and find ourselves in uncharted waters. We hope these changes help, and we're committed to looking for more ways to help as we navigate these new waters together. This is a challenging time for many. Our best wishes to you and your family as we navigate the days ahead together.
Aaron Windsor COO National TV Sales and Rental